Monday, September 3, 2007

Celebrating My Anniversary at MBS TEK

September 1, 2007 - It was on that day when I celebrated my anniversary at MBS TEK. It wasn't actually a bongacious celebration. But I did celebrate it, reminiscing those days when I was still in Cavite/Manila and decided to go back here in Legazpi just to visit my baby. I wasn't really expecting that I'll be working here at MBS TEK. The original plan was to visit my baby Bendyk (who was just months old then), celebrate his 1st birthday, and go back to Manila for a job. But for those months that I have stayed in Legazpi, I realized that being with Bendyk makes me complete. I feel very much happy every time I'm with him, watching him as he grow and learn stuffs that aren't usual at his age. Right then when I decided to look for a job here in Legazpi.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When I was still in college (about two years ago?), Julie (my classmate and friend) and I have seen an ad about the need for content writers. It was posted somewhere in Aquinas University campus. We set a schedule for that, and planned that we'll go together and apply for the said job. But the plan was wasted because I had to settle an important matter. After a month or so, I've seen Julie and told me that she got the job. I was so happy for her. That was the last time we've seen each other (I went to Cavite).

As I was planning about finding a job in Legazpi, I remembered Julie and looked for her contact number. Then she told me about her previous job (at data catalog dep't.), and that was the time when I learned about MBS TEK Corp. I was hesitant at first, but I found myself creating a resume, headed my way to SL Technology building then took the exam at the 3rd floor. I was supposed to be applying as a customer service representative, but the information desk rep. told me that they are on a freeze hiring, but she suggested that web copywriters are needed. Since it's my cup of tea, I submitted my resume and took the exam right there. woooahh! Yes, I took the exam at the call center office. But it could have been alright if only they didn't lose my resume and exam sheets.

It took me a month waiting for their call. But I hate waiting, so I convinced myself that maybe I didn't pass the exam. But to hell with the exam! I don't wanna sound as if I'm boasting, but it was really easier than those that I took and passed. Thanks to my hubby, he was there insisting that I have to follow-up my application. I was holding the phone's cradle and hesitantly dial the number. Ms. Cathy answered the call, and there I followed up my application. She told me that she can't find my files at her office so I have to go to her office instead for an interview.

So I went there, but I had to take the exam again since they can't find it even my resume, sigh. After taking the exam, I was sent to the HR office and had a harmonious interview with Ms. Cathy. I've had enough with job interviews when I was in Manila, so there I was, again keeping that smile and behaving as if it wasn't a job interview (grin!). Feeling close, d'oh! hehehe! Well, the interview went smoothly and Ms. Cathy asked me to come back for the technical exam. After a week, I returned to take the technical exam. Woooah! I was given 5 titles to choose from. To my surprise, all of them were all about auto parts. I have to choose 2 out of those 5 titles, and have to write a 450 word article for each title, which must only take an hour. I chose these titles: "My Favorite Vehicle Model" and "How Do Windshield Wipers Work?". On the first title, I've written a 475 word article, while on the second one, I've written a 275 word article only. I forgot to check the word count (only after I re-read it them at home), and I was pressured during that time since I haven't written any article again for 2 years.

I didn't expect to pass the technical exam since the second article I've written is consists of 275 words only, sigh. But after 2 weeks, my aunt told me that she received a call for me, informing me that I have an appointment on September 1, 2006 at 9:00 a.m. at MBS TEK. I was filled with excitement at that time since I wasn't really expecting of getting the job. But I did, thanks God!

So there I was, September 11, 2006 at MBS TEK Corp., I met the supervisor and the team leader. Right after the talk, I was sent to a corner along with numerous writers and asked me to start working on articles. And once again, I was a bit surprised of the keywords given to me. They are all auto parts. Everything seems so strange, I don't know where and how to start. My TL informed me that I have to make 6 articles of 300 words everyday. But guess what...I have only written 3 articles that day. woooaaahh! Anyway, they said it was fine since it's my first time to enocunter such. So the next day, whether I like it or not, I have to meet the quota!!!

From that day onwards, I'm still here in a world of auto parts hehehe! magrasa man ang mundong ito, I've come to like it naman, cheers!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: