Thursday, June 12, 2008

Market in Stanley

The weather is getting cooler at around mid 25 degree in the last few days. It is the perfect weather to do all kinds of outdoor activities as well as getting around within the city.

So I hop to Stanley Market.... Stanley is a tiny peninsula located at the southeast tip of Hong Kong Island. In the old days, Stanley was a fishing village. Today, you hardly able to find a fishing boat. Instead, tons of shops are restaurants are scattered along the area. To get to Stanley, only certain types of transporation are available such as buses, minivan, taxi or your own private car. Since I do not have a huge budget, I choose to get there by 16M minibus interconnecting from Chai Wan MTR station. Once I get off the minibus, I walk along the trail to reach the beach coast. Shops, souvenir stores are sit on both sides of the walking trail. After a few minutes walk, I finally see the beach coast. As I keep walking, I start hearing that my stomach is rumbling. Ok, time for lunch!! There are a number of bars and grills along the coast. And I jump into one of the restaurants and enjoy a big lunch.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: